If we think about the theatres we can find in Barcelona, one of the first names that undoubtedly comes to mind is the Gran Teatre del Liceu. On that stage operas, concerts, plays and shows of the highest quality are performed year after year, which everyone in the audience can enjoy thanks to the incredible acoustics offered by this magnificent building. Therefore, every year we find ourselves looking forward to the presentation of the titles that we will be able to enjoy during the theatrical season, and from here at QHE we are very happy to announce that this moment has finally arrived. The Foundation of the Gran Teatre del Liceu has just presented their 2019/2020 season, which marks the 20th anniversary of the reopening of the theatre, and we are here to bring you all the details you may need so you do not miss a single show.
The new artistic proposal of the theater aims to look towards the future and remember the past at the same time thanks to great titles, novelties and shows that have already set a foot on that stage. With great voices like those of Anna Netrebko, Javier Camarena, Joyce DiDonato, Gregory Kunde or Clémentine Margaine (among others), these performances promise a spectacular level of quality that will not leave anyone indifferent. In order to celebrate that 20th anniversary, we will find discounts between 25% and 35% in the prices of fixed and popular seats, but also, do not forget that those people under 35 years old can still enjoy the previews at 15€ and tickets at a fixed price of 30€ for all titles up to fifteen days before their release.
Read on to find below our QHE selection of the productions that you will be able to enjoy during the 2019/2020 season.
- Turandot, by Franc Aleu.
- Lohengrin, by Katharina Wagner.
- Il barbiere de Siviglia, by Josef Ernst Köpplinger.
- Doña Francisquita, by Lluís Pasqual.
- Alcione, with the musical direction of Jordi Savall.
- Carmen, by Calixto Bieito.
- Aida, with the sets of Mestres Cabanes.
- Cavalleria rusticana / Pagliacci, from Michieletto.
- Clemenza di Tito, by McVicar.
- From Scheherazade to Yo, Carmen, by María Pagés.
- English National Ballet: Giselle, by Akram Khan.
- Les Grands Ballets Canadiens.
- El monstre al laberint, by Dove.
- La Barcarola, by Juan Pablo Mendiola.
- Exhibit Opera: passion, power and politics.